[ExI] outrage

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 14:04:48 UTC 2016

In statistics you have the famous GIGO thing.  In one of my areas, sexual
behavior, you have lying that messes up the surveys.  In mental disorders
we have data that show that women more than men have neuroses.

Problem - when apparent changes occur, are they real or is it bad data?
Women, for instance, may be more likely to go get help then men when
actually not being any worse than them.

As for outrage, it seems that everybody is getting outraged about
everything.  True?  Or is it the reporting?  Or is it that the one outraged
has far more access to media and getting their views aired than before?

Christians get outraged when someone says "Happy Holidays" rather than
"Merry Christmas".The LGBT issue is in every newspaper I pick up as well as
CNN and Huffington Post.  GMO.  Muslims.  AK 47s.

What do you think?  Are people more touchy now?

bill w