[ExI] outrage

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 16 15:28:27 UTC 2016

>… On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
…
Subject: [ExI] outrage

…

What do you think?  Are people more touchy now?

bill w

Ja, for a good reason: we can be.  It may not seem like it, but we are gradually solving our problems still.  We hear so much about the middle class suffering this and that, but really, when you think about it, now is a better time than ever to be poor.  Our poor and declining middle class still have hamburger and TV, and plenty of them have internet.  If you live in some cities you can get free WiFi from the library without even being all that close to it.  The bandwidth isn’t great, but anyone with any WiFi device can get it, so with that, you can educate yourself, you and find where someone is giving away food and clothing (we still can’t do free shelter (that one is difficult (and getting worse.)))

So when we no longer need to worry about the basics, we don’t need to worry about our kids getting polio or whooping cough, we don’t really need to worry much about starvation (we still need to worry about housing) we don’t need to worry about a lot of stuff.  We have the luxury of being sensitive and touchy.