[ExI] outrage

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 20:08:47 UTC 2016

This doesn't excuse anything today. The rationale and agents behind the
change are certainly different, for instance.

Regards,

Dan

Look what we are reduced to:  We had better not even spell out the N word
and of course cannot say it.  Nor can intimidated media.  We can't say
colored people but can say people of color (I have heard that 'black' is
now unacceptable).  Now I will suggest that this kind of splitting hairs is
taking on the aura of religion.  Saying the wrong thing is blasphemy, so no
kind of secular right to free speech will trump it.  It also suggests to me
a kind of 'holier than thou' attitude on the part of the speech suppressors.

So what we have is fanaticism.  This can result from an overreaction or
overcompensation to doubt.  Are they in fact free of racism themselves?
Hardly - so they are in denial.  They are demanding that others be pure in
a way that they are not, unconsciously.  Just accuse one of racism and see
if they flame you.  If they calmly say that probably most people have some
racism, then this analysis is wrong, at least for that person.  My bet is
that they will get angry.  Righteous indignation is the cliche' term for
the emotion.  (anal retentive is the cliche' term for the person).

Now this kind of interpretation can go on for pages, but I think this is
adequate to explain the facts.

bill w