[ExI] A Paranormal Computer

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jun 17 20:00:17 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 12:44 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] A Paranormal Computer

On Jun 17, 2016 7:55 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:
>>… This is so cool!  Cool enough that someone should have already thought of the idea about a proton’s life ago.

>…The general concept has been more popular in "program a virtual drone" format, where the programs directly fight one another…

Ja, and we played Core War back in the 1970s, which was script vs script.  Oh what fun we had back in those heady days, just trying to imagine what this technology would eventually do.

This keystroke prediction algorithm is an interesting problem however, for there is a strategy I thought of which would defeat those who would try to exploit the software.  I think I can write a script which would insure you can’t get below about 50%.  We can probably rig up a demonstration of some sort.  If the guy who wrote the game were to share the code for how to count the Fs and the Js, I could write the algorithm and probably code it in JavaScript, if that is what he used.