[ExI] quote of the day

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:11:45 UTC 2016

On Jun 20, 2016, at 9:56 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Long before nuclear weapons, states having more armed men in the field lost battles and wars. That was never a guarantee of victory in battle or in wars. Often it lulled one side into thinking they would win or wouldn't be attacked because they had the larger numbers on their side.  dan
>
> Just think of all the wars fought between France and England and today there is no territory in France that belongs to England and vice versa.  What an enormous waste of men, materials and money.  All for royal spite.

Yes, the Normans has a relatively small force. And the English at Crecy and Agincourt had the smaller force. It might have been better had the French in both battles had a smaller force. Might have made them set aside heroic views and just wait for the English to run out of supplies or nerve.

> My Dad was in WWI - born 1997

He was a time traveler? ;)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my latest Kindle book, "The Late Mr. Gurlitt," at:
http://mybook.to/Gurlitt