[ExI] With Juno about to enter Jupiter orbit...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:17:33 UTC 2016

On 21 June 2016 at 20:44, Dan TheBookMan wrote:
> I'm sure some folks are going to use the data to measure relativistic
> effects*, given that the orbiter will be traveling very fast (relatively to
> Jupiter) and also moving up and down Jupiter's gravity (relatively steep
> compared to Earth's) well. Has anyone publicly discussed that?

Wikipedia says that is one of the Juno science objectives.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_(spacecraft)>
Quote:
Measure the orbital frame-dragging, known also as Lense–Thirring
precession caused by the angular momentum of Jupiter, and possibly a
new test of general relativity effects connected with the Jovian
rotation.

BillK