[ExI] study

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:27:55 UTC 2016

Our results suggest why libertarians do not feel fully at home in either of
the major American political parties. Consistent with our prediction,
libertarians were relatively low on all five foundations. Libertarians
share with liberals, a distaste for the morality of ingroup, authority, and
purity, characteristic of social conservatives, particularly those on the
religious right [43]
<http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0042366#pone.0042366-Haidt6>.
Like liberals, libertarians can be said to have a two-foundation morality,
prioritizing harm and fairness above the other three foundations. But
libertarians share with conservatives their moderate scores on these two
foundations. They are therefore likely to be less responsive than liberals
to moral appeals from groups who claim to be victimized, oppressed, or
treated unfairly. Libertarianism is clearly not just a point on the
liberal-conservative continuum; libertarians have a unique pattern of moral
concerns, with relatively low reliance on all five foundations.

full study:
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0042366#abstract0

YourMorals.org

Jonathan Haidt's website incl. the questionnaire that evaluates your
morality on several dimensions

Does this square with your libertarianism?  Comments?

bill w