[ExI] privacy again

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:13:05 UTC 2016

On Mar 2, 2016 9:49 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Why does she think her exposed nudity is really worth 75 million bucks?

Her lawyers do.  More to the point, they may have thought that's what they
could shake down the hotel for, to prevent the scandal.

Actual claims of "ruined career" and "emotional distress" lead to numbers
pulled out of thin air, not any actual justification that you or I would
recognize as such were we the judge or jurors in the case.  (Which would be
why you and I would never be selected as jurors for this case, even if it
was around here and a jury trial.

> So are we now saying the hotel chain is responsible for find that?

The lawyers are, but given the facts you have laid out, it seems pretty
clear the liability is entirely on the one who messed with the door and
took the video.  But that person likely does not have $75M.  OTOH, that may
be jail time worthy.