[ExI] chromebook 1st report

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sun Mar 6 15:54:25 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 04, 2016 at 12:43:40PM -0600, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> Bought an Acer Chromebook 15 - 15.6" screen, ssd

[...]
> Plugged in the Logitech usb and my rollerball worked right away.
>
> Several keys missing:  delete, page up and down, function keys, but most
> replaceable by shortcuts using alt or ctrl

Well, no delete? Hm. There is always a reason or two to run laptop
with external full sized keyboard, especially when one writes more
than few lines a day. No delete key would be another one to try one of
those cheapish few-bucks-a-piece usb keyboard from your nearest
computer shop - maybe just not a wireless one, their comfortableness
is ilusoric but security problem they introduce is not.

Now, a question. Do you have Escape key on your kb? Without Escape my
life would have been rather miserable so it is good to know such
things...

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola