[ExI] personal

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 20:53:30 UTC 2016

On 15 March 2016 at 20:12, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
> So I want to understand AI from a psychologist's point of view.  Are we
> trying to teach them how to think like us?  DO they?  I am fairly up on
> cognitive psych, and can understand the parallels that may exist.
>
> People are so fuzzy and complicated and most things are centered around
> probability, whereas AI seems so cut and dried and one answer and no
> probability.    But likely it is as complicated as the computer in
> Pratchett's Discworld where you get 'OUT OF CHEESE ERROR" that no one
> understands.
>
> I"ll read the free stuff and take it from there.  bill w

This article just published gives a good up-to-date review:

<http://gizmodo.com/everything-you-know-about-artificial-intelligence-is-wr-1764020220>

Quote:
Everything You Know About Artificial Intelligence is Wrong
George Dvorsky

It’s hard to know what to believe. But thanks to the pioneering work
of computational scientists, neuroscientists, and AI theorists, a
clearer picture is starting to emerge. Here are the most common
misconceptions and myths about AI.