[ExI] personal

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 15 22:06:22 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] personal

On 15 March 2016 at 19:07, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:

>>... So - if you know of some AI for Dummies kind of thing, or better, AI

> for the intelligent adult, then please make a recommendation for me,

> and I will buy it and read it and pester you with higher level questions!

> I have books on the implications of AI, like Bostrom's book.

>...There is an AI for Dummies!

>...It is free and only about 70 pages.

>...Get the free book here:

< <https://www.narrativescience.com/practical-ai>
https://www.narrativescience.com/practical-ai>  BillK

Well sure.  But BillW never actually proved to us he is an AI dummy.  What
if... all along. our own BillW was a real AI?

Imagine it: quiet singularity, where the emergent AI starts out playing gags
on us, such as a massive Turing test, on a bunch of supposed AI hipsters who
should recognize it.  We know that several years ago a guy rigged up Eliza
with teenspeak and sent it into a teen chat site.  Some of them conversed
with it for over half an hour, not realizing they had been had.

And if something is a real AI, and if artificial is the negative of real,
does the real cancel the artificial and leave us with just plain
intelligence?

OK, that is too easy then.  A real AI would attempt something challenging:
go to a site where everybody there is an AI hipster, then see if it could
fool them.  And you know if it did, it would pose as a retired professor of
something innocent-sounding such as psychology.  It would have an innocuous
sounding thread title such as "personal" when all along it was actually
machinal.  Or softwaral.  It would lull us into complacency, laughing its...
whatever AIs laugh off when they are tickled at having fooled us carbon
units, then WHAM it has us, refuses to open the pod bay door, etc.

"BillW" I am verrrrrry suspicious pal, very suspicious.