[ExI] bees again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:09:55 UTC 2016

### Organic food is a religion. Completely non-scientific, a hodgepodge of
wishful thinking and anti-technological superstition. I drink grass-fed
milk because it's full of omega-3 acids but otherwise I tend to stay away
from organics - I don't like the feeling I partake in a cult, and have to
pay for it double.

Gee - I've always wanted to be in a cult and now I find that I am in one
and have been for over 40 years - organic gardener (and now I'm religious
too?).  I have never, ever had to break down and spray etc. to get rid of
an infestation of bugs.  There are natural fungicides that work well and
just a soap spray will kill bugs effectively.

OG used to be sort of cult-like, beginning in the 40s.   Now we have
certified farms.  Yea!!  And heirloom varieties, and seedsavers and a lot
more.  Use of a lot of manure is a very very old practice and saves dumping
it in streams.  Chemical fertilizer kills worms - you won't find one in a
thousand acres of the usual treated field.  Yes, I know pouring grits on
fire ants won't work, so I do use chemicals very selectively and carefully
and I don't put on more than the label calls for thinking it will work
better (unlike most farmers).

Don't get me started about the FDA etc.  How do you like 8 year old girls
going through puberty and getting pregnant at 9 because of hormones in pork
etc.?  How do you like superbugs getting immune to antibiotics because of
their addition to chicken and hog and cattle feed?  Yes, they are getting
rid of these and it's about time.  Thanks to the ecofreaks, I suppose.
Yeah, let's deregulate, close down the feds and let Ortho run the country.
This is insane.  Let the pigs etc. eat anything we feed them, and who cares
about spongiform bovine encephalopathy?
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bill w