[ExI] paradox?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 16:03:23 UTC 2016

If you take heroin every day, your body puts more opioid receptors on the
cells, because then it takes more heroin to activate the same amount of
receptors--your body thinks those are opioids made within itself, and
thinks it needs to normalize the response in order to maintain homeostasis
(body balance).  In the same way, if your body senses a chronic temperature
shift, it probably does the same thing with heat receptors.  Your body is
trying to have the same internal response to a changing external
environment.  So in the summer, the temperature at which your body begins
to heat up the skin rises--because the environment is doing that heating
for you, basically.