[ExI] quote for the day

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Mar 23 23:08:34 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of Anders Sandberg
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:04 PM
To: extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
Subject: Re: [ExI] quote for the day

On 2016-03-23 16:33, William Flynn Wallace wrote:

"The unfair advantage of philosophers is that they are not obliged to
believe anything."  Robertson Davies

Yup. It really helps.

Also overheard today: "Bitcoin isn't run by the Mafia. The Mafia runs the
500 euro bills. Bitcoin is run by the Chinese." .

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute

Bitcoin hipsters please: while I was camping, I heard a Hollywood hospital
was hacked and its files held for ransom.  It paid a fraction of the demand,
but did it in bitcoin.  Is this true?  If so, does not bitcoin enable
kidnapping?  And would not it create special opportunity targets of the
families of people known to hold bitcoins?