[ExI] bitcoin used for nefarious purposes: was RE: quote for the day

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Mar 24 14:54:38 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of spike
.

>.Well sure . the kidnapped passenger cannot describe anyone, for the driver
was wearing a hajib and the victim is alone when she comes to her senses.
They pay, find the victim unharmed, Mohammad and his concubine get away with
the money.So my question is this please, bitcoin hipsters: do we really have
an answer to those who claim bitcoin enables some kinds of really serious
crime?  spike

It is really giving me heartburn: if the good guys can think of these kinds
of capers, the bad guys are thinking of ten times as many and ten times
worse.  My own imagination breaks down as soon as any crime gets to
physically harming the victim, for my mind just doesn't go there.  But the
bad guys don't reach any barrier at all at that point.