[ExI] quote of the day

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 22:28:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> On 2016-03-24 14:14, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
>
> Well, my last one evolved to a discussion of bitcoin.  I wonder where this
> one will go:
>
> "There's not a lack of love in the world, but there is a dearth of willing
> recipients and an abundance of hesitant givers."   me
>

> I am reminded of my latest sf reading, "The Affinities" by Robert Charles
> Wilson. A personality test can detect which of 22 "affinities" you belong
> to, and help you find people you fit with. Imagine being in a group where
> people naturally understand you, trust and trustworthiness is easy... It is
> an intelligent take on prosocial sorting.
>
> ​I ordered three of his books based on your recommendation, following a
couple by the really strange author with a really strange name, which I
cannot remember.  You are costing me money, but in a good way.

My memory is just as good as it ever was, but I can't stop forgetting to
remember.  (No, it's not a silly paradox - it's called metamemorial
functioning).

Dilbert today is really good - about engineers, bosses, and intuition.
Don't miss it if you can.

bill w​