[ExI] quote of the day - life

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Mar 27 15:41:04 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 7:31 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: [ExI] quote of the day - life

Life is like a crossword puzzle:  a lot of the clues are ambiguous.  Me…bill w

Nah, all crosswords are easy, once you learn an innovative technique: stacking letters on top of each other.  I think of it as 3D crosswords.  It is an ancient Chinese thing: their alphabet started with characters that made sense, but then they saved paper by stacking the characters on top of each other, starting with crossword puzzles.

Another technique is to let your longer words hang off the end of the puzzle.  That way it is more organic in the way it spreads, rather than those boring square boundaries.

The picky uptight types claim that is against the rules, but organic 3D crosswords are much easier to solve, and you get to invent bold new characters in your alphabet, not even found on our keyboards.