[ExI] Gunfight at the OK Convention

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:37:55 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Republicans now want to allow people to carry firearms when they meet in
> Cleveland in July for their convention to nominate Donald Trump as their
> presidential candidate. Thousands of irrational people who hate each others
> guts jammed into one small hot auditorium each armed with a 44 Magnum
> revolver strapped to his waist and claiming to have a larger dick and a
> better looking wife than anybody else; what could possibly go wrong?
>

> http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/27/donald-trump-ted-cruz-john-kasich-guns-open-carry-cleveland-convention-republicans/82321374/
>

>   John K Clark

​

​Why John, this seems to me to be totally normal behavior for the current
slate of Repubs.  Do you think this is somewhat unusual?  ​

​​Cowboys are all Repubs, aren't they?  Or at least the wannabes.  Highly
predictable, I'd say.  Scream at the top of your voice and carry the
biggest stick, ride in a Humvee.  Will Trump be the first comb-over
president?  Combing over not just his bald spots but his earlier political
positions?

I personally experienced Earl Long and George Wallace (early rabble rousers
and demagogues for those of you overseas).  (Earl won the entertainment
value contest hams down - showed up on a flat bed truck, wearing one of
those old man T shirts, sweating and drinking from a pint bottle and giving
away hams and tubs of lard "Give a ham to the nigger lady in the back"
while a country music band played.  And he won.  Easily.  For US Rep
central LA.  Died two weeks later - heart.)  Democrats in those days, of
course.

bill w