[ExI] Gunfight at the OK Convention

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:16:42 UTC 2016

On Mar 28, 2016, at 11:02 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2016 10:29 AM, "William Flynn Wallace" <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I wonder if anyone would go to such lengths to sabotage the GOP convention.  adrian
> >
> > You mean they are not going to do it to themselves?  Like they are now?  It'a perfect cover for them to shoot Trump by 'accident'.
>
> Nah.  The Secret Service would catch on, probably in time to stop it.  I would not be surprised if they have snipers watching for anyone in the crowd to point a gun-like object at the stage.
>
> Besides, killing Trump just makes him a martyr.  A riot that slays many of his supporters - ones energized enough to come to the convention, even - is something else.

I'm not sure what he'd be a martyr to. It's not like anyone would step in and take his place. Wasn't RFK also assassinated, and that didn't lead to, say, someone stepping in to take his place? (This is based on my reading of the 01968 race. Admittedly, my reading here is cursory, but superficially even if RFK is viewed as a martyr -- and for what? -- the impact of his martyrdom is hard to see.)

That said, I think it's very unlikely anyone will try anything at the convention. A repeat of 01968 seems unlikely given the modern police state approach.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst