[ExI] experiment: decreased investment in individual memes...

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:31:52 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 28, 2016 11:22 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> > Over 140
> >
> > Is your long post, my good friend
> >
> > I see your point though.
>
> I said "multi-tweets" in a new paragraph to demonstrate the principle.  ;)
>
> But yeah, learned skill.  Not easy at first.

I don't think it's terribly hard, even at first. The problem is it does
turn some people off. Anyhow, I've participated in many long discussions --
by Twitter standards -- that could total up to a handful of people going on
for several hundred tweets.

You can also use tools like TwitLonger and the other things you guys have
mentioned. Heck, some folks even just type out paragraphs of text, screen
capture it, and tweet the image.

In actual oral conversations, too, how often do you go on for say a minute,
lecturing someone? Hopefully, it's a rare occurrence. So, in that way,
Twitter kind of enforces how people usually orally interact. (And many an
email or text message is almost as brief as a tweet, no?)

Hoping I haven't exceeded five posts,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://www.amazon.com/Dan-Ust/e/B00J6HPX8M/