[ExI] gunfight at ok convention

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Mar 29 19:39:28 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-29 17:35, spike wrote:

> I was then waaaay more humble than he; I just stomped him flat,
> humiliated him.  Of course that caused him to zip past me again.  The
> lead changed several times and he was ahead, then he got up there in
> front of that big crowd with them cheering POPE POPE POPE and so on
> the way they do, and ZOWWWIE, right past him I go, but then the crowd
> started in with SPIKE SPIKE SPIKE and kaPOW, he passed me.
>
> Then Anders beat the both of us.

But that was just because I conceded the battle to my betters.

"Humility" comes originally from the Latin humus, soil. It suggests
someone who is lowly, close to the soil. In Swedish the word is instead
"ödmjuk", which means something that easily becomes soft. German "Demut"
on the other hand comes from "mentality of a servant".

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute