[ExI] experiment: decreased investment in individual memes...

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:13:30 UTC 2016

On Mar 30, 2016 2:24 AM, "Adrian Tymes" <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am very much against any proposed solution that begins with "how about
just ..."

>> Just put all of your eggs in one basket,  just put everyone's basket in
one bank vault, just put a single bank in change of that vault,  then just
wait for the inevitable : whether freelance hackers or state funded cyber
terrorist, eventually they'll get in and everything falls apart.

> How about just diversify, use a bunch of solutions like we do now?  :P

Yeah,  that's what I was suggesting.

Trusting 'the cloud' or microsoft/apple/google or LastPass or any singular
solution is hard for me to imagine.

A doctor and CMIO explained to me each layer of security has holes like
swiss cheese;  the trick is to arrange the slices so none of the holes
overlap.