[ExI] calling for our exi computer security hipsters, was: RE: Donald Trump

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:50:51 UTC 2016

On May 5, 2016 11:51 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Now… Suppose Clinton gets indicted.  Should Americans go ahead and vote
for her anyway?

Her vs. Trump?  Yes...but third party is an even better answer.

> Do we then acknowledge that we now think our own FBI is corrupt?

Technically in this case it's not corruption, but just following orders.
It's Congress that is corrupt.

> Or that criminal activity doesn’t matter once one ranks high enough in
government?

As you say, nothing in the law prohibits a presidential self-pardon.

> Or that the crimes probably didn’t cause any serious harm?

In this case?  Yes, they probably didn't.

> Or that the risk is low that the leaks will be exploited?

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but she isn't being investigated for leaks
but just for using private email for government purposes, no?

> OK so what if Clinton gets indicted but the AG does nothing?  Are we
ready to just go ahead and admit that our own government is corrupt to the
core, but don’t worry, they will be fair and balanced with the nukes, etc.

That's pretty much the public perception of the status quo.

> Perhaps this is the libertarian’s one single shining moment, a moment we
will likely never see again, when both major parties are bitterly divided,
where Gary Johnson could step out of the inky shadows and just tell like it
is: Americans must choose now between a crazy demagogue or a criminal
demagogue.  Or… Gary Johnson, libertarian.

Is Gary on the ballot in all 50 states?  What Congressional and governor
allies does he have, to keep government from straight up shutting down when
neither Democrat nor Republican will work with him for being a threat to
their parties (as the Reps mostly unsuccessfully attempted with Obama for
being black)?  Third parties must build up those bases before they will
have a serious shot at the Presidency, no matter how dire and doofy the
choices the Ds and Rs give us.