[ExI] Justifiable Lies

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed May 11 20:25:22 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:59 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Justifiable Lies

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 1:24 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

​> ​…Lying is legal.  Lying under oath is not.

​>… The Senate was acting as a jury and if I was a Senator I'd do what I thought was right…

Me too. And I agree with what the senate did.  I agree with what Ken Starr did.  Both were doing their jobs.

>…I agree with you about "Wag the Dog", great movie!  John K Clark

I watched again recently.  This is a great example of comedy that has aged well.  It has even improved over time, as we have grown wiser with the internet and certainly more cynical about our own leaders.  This was Dustin Hoffman’s best work, and probably DeNiro’s best as well.  Parodies seldom make it into that league or get that much star power.