[ExI] Justifiable Lies

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 11 23:47:50 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​Oh come on Spike, the Republicans have
>> been
>> predicting sky high interest rates and astronomical inflation for
>> well
>> over a decade, and no matter how
> ​ you​
> try to spin it or how many excuses
>> you make
>> they were *DEAD WRONG*; exactly the opposite of what they predicted would
> happen happened. But perhaps I shouldn't judge them too harshly, as Yogi
> Berra said "Predicting is hard, especially about the future".

 ### Unless AI-boosted productivity growth bails us out, world's
governments will be unable to pay their debts in the next 30 - 40 years if
they continue the present trajectory. Saying that unlimited debt
accumulation is not a problem because our economies so far didn't have to
deal with its effects is like saying that having a plastic bag wrapped
around your head is safe, because you haven't passed out yet.

Rafał