[ExI] an ai wrote this script

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:03:57 UTC 2016

On May 25, 2016, at 4:25 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I read a few years ago about a computer that could compose write popular music that was very listenable.  I did not follow it up because I am not interested in popular.  (Of course in classical, you can find some that seems to have been written by a random numbers table (1930s and afterwards).  Ugly ugly 'music'. )
>

> Is this an AI thing?  Anyone?
>

> bill w

See http://www.jair.org/media/3908/live-3908-7454-jair.pdf

Algorithms can generate different styles of music now, including 'classical.' E.g., listen to this program that uses Fux's rules of counterpoint (strictly speaking, baroque music-like) to generate a piece:

https://youtu.be/6-GI0we1tBQ

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: