[ExI] an ai wrote this script

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 23:58:20 UTC 2016

On May 25, 2016 5:25 PM, "Anders" <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> I have a feeling this is quite doable, and might be really helpful in a
semi-interactive way. The user sees the output, adds in the "foreign" trait
to the protagonist child to give the social property, re-evaluates the
script, and ends up with a short story about racism at xmas. Or a sad
comedy about X's inability to handle snow.

Isn't this what modern video games are approaching?  I have a very
intelligent coworker who freely admits that while at work he is thinking
about Fallout 4, but doesn't not think about work while playing Fallout 4.
These games are becoming so immersive that those who are susceptible to
this kind of addiction may soon be unable to escape.  I wouldn't be
surprised if VR eventually keeps this guy from ever coming back to work