[ExI] I promised myself I wouldn't wade into it again

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 02:16:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 4:59 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>… On Behalf Of Will Steinberg
> Subject: Re: [ExI] I promised myself I wouldn't wade into it again
>
>>…I just don't get how you think Jill Stein is hot physically…
>
> I think it is an evolutionary adaptation Will.  Keith Henson might comment
> on this since it might go to evolutionary psychology as well, but I don’t
> have sufficient understanding of the theory behind that notion.

Sorry, I don't understand how evolutionary psychology applies to this situation.

> I am guessing you are young.  If so, I don’t expect you would find Dr. Stein
> hot, for this fits with my understanding of group-level evolution.  Please
> anyone up to speed on individual vs group evolution, do feel free to jump in
> and rescue me from myself.

Near as I can see, group-level evolution is not even logical.
Evolution takes place as changes in gene frequencies.

OK, you have a tribe of humans who have somehow accumulated a
favorable set of genes.  What do they do with them?  They trade them
away, exchanging women with the tribe down the valley.

Consider yourself rescued.

Make a note, group evolution makes *no* sense.

For some reason I don't understand, it's an attractive meme.

Keith