[ExI] trump still

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:14:25 UTC 2016

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Darin Sunley <dsunley at gmail.com> wrote:

> To these people, an outside chance at ending what they see as
> institutionalized mass infanticide is worth almost anything, even voting
> for a Mad Men caricature who is otherwise a RINO.
>
> These people think abortion is really, really, really bad, and they
> haven't gone away just because they've been shouted down in the court of
> public opinion.

This is a good example of what I meant by "need deprogramming".  Much of
their outrage is based on flat-out lies that they believe, for example the
claim that Planned Parenthood was encouraging abortions so as to sell fetal
tissue. Even when (as with that claim) it is debunked and disproven in
court, these people either never hear of it or refuse to believe the truth.

I would almost wonder if we have evidence now that lying to the American
people - when it is provably false, not merely unpopular but not
disprovable beliefs - can, at certain levels, be a public hazard the same
way shouting fire in a crowded theater is.