[ExI] The last chance to stop Trump

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:22:24 UTC 2016

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 4:25 PM, CryptAxe <cryptaxe at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> I agree with everything you have to say about the Electoral College.
> Unfortunately it is the system in place and removing it should probably
> happen before the election and not after the results have been found out.
>
> I would love to see the system changed but that would require a
constitutional amendment and that would take years, however that doesn't
need to happen before December 19, under the system we have right now
electors are free to vote for whoever they want. It would be great if for
the first time in its history the electoral college actually did something
useful.

Would you be against the college so vehemently if Clinton won because of it
> but Trump won the popular vote?

Certainly not, although in those circumstances  I couldn't claim it would
be illegal under our crazy system for the electors to vote for Trump
instead of Clinton, immoral yes, insane yes, but not illegal.

John K Clark