[ExI] Humans losing freewill

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Nov 17 19:41:50 UTC 2016

Il 17/11/2016 16:04, William Flynn Wallace ha scritto:
> The inevitable conclusion of all of these forces is that machines will
> someday make all of our important decisions. We are probably less than
> ten years away from that.
> BillK

For common people, maybe.

For important people it happen already

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/09/clintons-data-driven-campaign-relied-heavily-on-an-algorithm-named-ada-what-didnt-she-see/?postshare=5981479197388073&tid=ss_tw

"Ada is a complex computer algorithm that the campaign was prepared to
publicly unveil after the election as its invisible guiding hand. Named
for a female 19th-century mathematician — Ada, Countess of Lovelace —
the algorithm was said to play a role in virtually every strategic
decision Clinton aides made, including where and when to deploy the
candidate and her battalion of surrogates and where to air television
ads — as well as when it was safe to stay dark."

I see a problem in this approach.

First, it is not strategic; it is only tactics.
It don't consider people has goals and will learn from past experiences.
They will change their reaction to the same input in an attempt to
increase their satisfaction (obtain their goals).

The AI should be able to understand people mutable motives and develop a
campaign program with policies aimed to obtain the goals of the people
and the leader running.

I think this type of AI will need a lot more work to be attained.