[ExI] hasta be a pony in here somewhere

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Nov 19 21:50:30 UTC 2016

Hi Will,

Your commentary suggests you haven’t read the book.  A prole does not mean one without a white collar job.  The proles are every human not in the inner circle or outer circle.  Both of these circles are government workers, bureaucrats.  The outer circle must be watched continuously, for they wield power to some extent, which is dangerous.  The inner circle can turn off their surveillance temporarily.  Proles don’t wield power so they are free to go without government surveillance, along with the animals.

PhDs are proles, assuming they don’t work for the government.  Any knucklehead can get to the outer circle, if they kiss the right butts and follow orders.  Proles can wear collars of any or many colors.  I have never been anything other than a prole.

Point taken however; there may be many who have not read Orwell in spite of my stern demand that we do so, early and often.  The man was brilliant; saw it all.  His work has special meaning for today’s USians in light of the recent massive fumble in choosing appropriate leadership, much of this having to do with forced transparency.  Ja?

No more prole then, until you read the book and realize it isn’t a term for dumb or uneducated or poor necessarily, although I do realize it is often used that way.

Sigh.

Read the book please.  Let us have a Nineteen Eighty Four discussion.  We need one.

spike