[ExI] hasta be a pony in here somewhere

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Nov 20 02:52:23 UTC 2016

>… On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan

>…though I'd like to say that Spike is usually restrained and seems to think the best of each person here. I believe that's a good thing in a moderator…

You are too kind sir.  We are brothers and sisters, kindred spirits.  In this season of thanksgiving, I am thankful for all of you.

>…By the way, I think both Orwell's novel and Aldous Huxley's _Brave New World_ have much to say to people living now…

Now more than ever before.

>… tend to be read at the high school level by folks who have mostly see reading them as a chore to get a grade.  Regards,  Dan

If any high school student can read Nineteen Eighty Four without being deeply moved, that person cannot be moved.  He or she is not put together emotionally anything like I am.  I would conclude he or she is not a kindred spirit.  If that book fails to punch the reader in the gut, I would conclude that person didn’t read it or somehow didn’t feel it.  I don’t understand how.