[ExI] Humans losing freewill

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 04:34:29 UTC 2016

(It's getting difficult to format replies to these posts - Gmail in my
browser defaults to top-posting and I can't change it).

On 21st November 2016 Stuart LaForge wrote:
"With this in mind, I would rephrase the trilemma as: "locality, realism,
or freewill; you can't have all three." With the understanding that
freewill in this instance being precisely defined as the idea that you
actually have a choice in what direction you orient the magnetic field or
polarizer when you conduct a entanglement experiment."

It sounds like you are conflating free will with determinism. But there are
those who would say that free will is consistent with determinism, or
superdeterminism, because you still do exactly what you want to do; and in
the counterfactual case, you could have chosen differently if your brain
had been different. Whereas on the other hand, if your choice is based on a
truly random coin toss in your head, by definition you have no control over
this, so you have no free will.