[ExI] Demonstration of Bell's Inequality

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:02:16 UTC 2016

On Nov 21, 2016 12:34 PM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> if by chance mine is orientated in the same direction then there is a 0%
chance it will make it through mine, and if my polarizer is oriented 90
degrees from that there is a 100% chance it will make it through.

> That is weird,

No, it really isn't.

> either the photon knew how I was going to spin that polarizer a billion
years in the future or the random spin of the polarizer instantly
influenced a photon 2 billion light years away.

Or they already were that way but you had no way to know which, only that
one was one way and one was the other.  Once you knew the one, you knew the
other.  No actual information changed at that far-distant point the moment
your observation was made; only your knowledge (which is local to you) did.

I have seen dozens of people make this exact same confusion.  That doesn't
make them right.