[ExI] Demonstration of Bell's Inequality

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 01:11:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 4:47 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The "three properties"
>> that are independent here are not in fact independent
>
> That's one possibility

The "three properties" are explicitly different pairings of rotation,
with obvious connections.  It's not a possibility they are not
independent, it's straightforward observation.

> There is nothing equivalent to a cosmic Monty saying "the
> other ball was picked only from the blue ones".

There is: the fact that we have a priori knowledge that only one will
be red and one will be blue, and then the scan that shows the first
ball is red.

>> Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.
>
> Actually it isn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies#Red_herring_fallacies
http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-fallacies.html

"Appeal to authority" is listed right there.  Granted, this gets into
the question of what authoritative sources there are as to the
definitions of things, but I find Wikipedia, at least, a credible
source on many topics.