[ExI] Lee Corbin Memorial

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sun Oct 9 18:18:41 UTC 2016

I can understand the desire to end a loved-ones suffering. Furthermore I
support the right of people to choose euthanasia as an option. I can
understand Lee wanting to end his pain and fast-forward to the
singularity. Just not the WAY he allegedly did it.

My point is that Lee was a rational cryonicist and libertarian. He
abborhed violence except in self-defense. He also seemed to be very
deliberate and organized, almost anally so.

I would have thought euthanasia to be something Lee would have planned out
in advance. Maybe sent Alcor an email so they can have their team standing
by. Did he even leave a suicide note?

Also the method he used was incongruent with his character. He was smart
as a whip and could have chosen any number of ways to kill his mother and
himself in their sleep with no pain and no bloody mess. Why would he
choose a gun when a pillow could have sufficed for his mom and an overdose
of vicodin for himself?

He was also a big advocate of gun rights. He would have had to have known
that doing this would have made him look like a poster-child for
gun-control.

I am curious as to whether he allegedly shot himself in the head. I can't
imagine any rational cryonicist doing that for what I hope are obvious
reasons.

Stuart LaForge

"Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need of hell." - Emily Dickinson