[ExI] online link to yahoo memorial

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:52:36 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, 12 October 2016, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> The recent passing and cryonic suspension of Lee Corbin resulted in his
> friends setting up a Yahoo group.  The discussion there caused me to learn
> more about him than I had ever known, discovering dimensions to his
> personality I knew not, even though we were friends for twenty years and
> spent plenty of time one on one.
>

> We should have some means of linking to those groups, perhaps some way for
> cryonics groups to create an online list of those who have gone before,
> with some way to get to an online archive about the cryonaut’s life and
> passions.
>

> Please would someone cross-post this comment over to Alcor cryonics chat?
> I am not active on those lists, but might get with it now.  Lee’s passing
> may inspire others to get with the program on cryonics.

Is the Yahoo group open to anyone? I didn't meet Lee personally but I have
had probably hundreds of email exchanges with him over the years on this
and another mailing list, mostly about personal identity. I never knew much
about his personal life, since that rarely came up, but nonetheless a
strange sort of intimacy can develop from these intense intellectual
discussions, and I have been affected to learn of his death.

--
Stathis Papaioannou