[ExI] Nobody can say we weren’t warned

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 19:26:59 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:55 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote

>> ​> ​
>> … first time in the country's history a presidential candidate says he
>> will abide by the results of election day ONLY if he wins…
>

> ​> ​
> He doesn’t need to accept it.  If he loses he will have no legal
> authority, so what difference does it make?

​If​ the president has been promoting generals loyal to him for 4 years and
has the military to back up his orders the president can do whatever he
likes and it doesn't make the slightest difference if he has the legal
authority to do so or not. As I said the constitution is not a law of
physics, it has power only if people agree that it has power, and for the
first time in the history of the country a presidential contender has
openly declared he will not abide by the constitution. Nobody can say we
weren't warned.

> ​> ​
> If he loses by cheating, he still loses.

​And in 4 years if Trump wins ​by cheating he still wins. But we don't.

​> ​
> I am betting on the constitution to win this one.

​Maybe, ​but I'm not willing to bet my life on that, especially when the
top constitutional officer openly declares he will abide with the
constitution *ONLY* if he wins.

​> ​
> I am betting the generals will stand with the law.

​Maybe, ​but I'm not willing to bet my life on that, especially
​after ​4 years when the president will be the one who has appointed all
the generals.

​>> ​
>> She beat Trump like a rented mule in 3 debates and demonstrated a strong
>> understanding of the issues, including what Aleppo is.
>>

> ​> ​
> My conclusion: Clinton had the questions in advance.  The DNC chair got
> them somehow, and supplied them.  Clinton won those debates by cheating.

​
Clinton might have gotten some of the questions in the Democratic
​ ​
primary debate if you believe the information Vladimir Putin
​ ​
hacked from the DNC, but I didn't even watch those debates, I'm talking
about the 3 debates Clinton had with Trump. She was masterful. And by the
way, Ronald Reagan stole all of Jimmy Carter's debate briefing papers
​ ​
before the
​ir​
1980 debate
​, Reagan knew what Carter's entire debate strategy would be and what
answers he would give to various questions. After the election
when it was investigated Reagan's White House Chief of Staff
​James Baker ​
swore under oath that he got
​Carter's ​
papers from CIA director William Casey
​,​
but Casey said under oath that was untrue. Somebody perjured himself but to
this day we don't know who.

Bonus question: why do you suppose
Vladimir Putin
​ is trying so hard to make Trump president?

​> ​
> I consider it a bad thing for a US president to think we should be
> involved in Aleppo.

​Do you also consider it a bad thing for a US president to not even know
that there is a thing called "Aleppo"? Johnson has turned the Libertarian
Party into a laughing stock. I'm embarrassed to tell people I'm a
libertarian, I make sure they understand I'm a small l libertarian who is
voting for Clinton.    ​

> > the bright side is that this distasteful affair will be over in three
> weeks and we can get on with suffering the consequences and our favorite
> intellectual pursuits.

​Now that I agree with.​

​On November 8 the trigger of revolver aimed at our head will be pulled and
the hammer will either land on an empty chamber or it won't. One way or the
other it will be over.

 ​John K Clark​