[ExI] Nobody can say we weren’t warned

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 22 16:18:02 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
…

​>…Well, Trump has already said the "second amendment people" might be able to impose a second amendment remedy…

I am the poster child second amendment person, so I feel qualified to answer please.  Second amendment people are law and order types (there is a reason why you never hear of an intentional shooting at a gun show (but we damn sure do hear of intentional shootings in gun-free zones (how is it even possible for shootings to occur where guns are illegal?)))

I am all for the second amendment, and the first, and I support the legally-elected government, even if I don’t like it (I don’t like it now for instance, but it was legally elected as far as I can tell.)  So… Second amendment people, all of them I know, would support the law.

>… Trump has also said Hillary's secret service protection agents should stop using guns…

Heh.  If he wins, you can be sure the secret service agents will not stop using guns.  Disregard.

>… what do you think that's code for?

I hear that comment a lot, but no one can produce a consistent code book.  I keep hearing of this racists code, the conservative code, the this code and the that code.  Is there a link somewhere?  A standard reference?  How do we find out what all these codes mean?  Who wrote it?  We are told the phrase “Make America Great Again” is some kind of racists secret code.  Where is the decoder ring for that?  And what if… someone really does mean that literal exact meme and nothing else.  How is it to be worded so as not to be code for something unrelated?  Is that like the teenagers of Long Island being advised to not wear anything blue because it is some kind of secret gang signal?

I suspect the whole notion of the secret code word is bogus as a three-dollar bill.   Without some standardized code book, anything can be a secret code for anything.  Disregard.

>… That nightmare scenario could happen in 4 years. Maybe Trump would end up winning this confrontation maybe he wouldn't but either way it wouldn't be much fun, Syria isn't the only country that can have a civil war… John K Clark

Alternative scenario: Trump or Clinton gets elected, steps beyond the power of his or her office, an alert senate is ready to impeach him or her, we re-establish the nearly-forgotten structure of constitutional government.

The probability of the next president being impeached is very high.  Of course there might be some negative consequences to that.  I just can’t think of one at the moment.