[ExI] Nobody can say we weren’t warned

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 21:45:56 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 2:28 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 1:41 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> But let's suppose Trump wins
>>>

>> You're almost as bad as Trump in the debates when it comes to ignoring
>> the question to talk about what you'd rather talk about.
>>

> ​You asked what Trouble Trump could case if he looses and refused to
> accept defeat and I told you what I imagined would happen if he did that
> now and also what I imagine would happen if he did it 4 years from now
> after he won. What​ more do you want?

For you to lose that "also".

Your insistence on turning every thread of talk about the election to that
"also" is causing problems when we talk about other things.

For instance: what do we do if Trump loses this election and protests
enough to do damage?  This is more likely than if Trump wins.  However,
derailing every conversation into what happens if he wins, prevents
discussion of how we might counteract his damage if he loses.

Can you try not mentioning what happens if he wins when we are trying to
discuss what happens if he loses?

It's like the very first spam, those green card lawyers posting to
everything.  "Oh, well EVERY group might have immigrants so what we're
talking about is relevant to EVERY group." - this was incorrect, and
obviously so to most people.

"Oh, well EVERY conversation about Trump MUST keep in mind what happens if
he wins" - no, actually, especially when it's been well established what
happens if he wins, everyone involved is already thoroughly familiar with
the points you wish to bring up yet again, and we are talking about other
things.

Seriously.  We know Trump is bad; telling us again accomplishes nothing.
And some of us (more of us as we get closer to Nov. 8) have already cast
our votes; berating us accomplishes nothing (unless you think we can
somehow change our votes at this point).

So can we talk about a more likely threat, what happens if Trump loses but
contests the loss?