[ExI] deplorables: was RE: Nobody can say we weren’t warned

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 16:12:43 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 11:09 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​> ​
> If Trump is impeached and convicted, his orders cannot be legally carried
> out.

​So What? ​If the military is behind him, and he will have 4 years to see
to it they are, then the law is whatever Trump says it is.

> >  I would bet on the military not following him into a coup attempt.

​Maybe, but would you bet your life and liberty on ​it? I would prefer not
to be forced to make that bet, and that's why I'm voting for Hillary.

​> ​
> We are too well-armed.

​If it comes down to a confrontation between the NRA and the US army the
NRA is going to lose and they are going to lose big.​

>> ​>​
>> … I keep telling you, the Constipation is a piece of paper not a law of
>> physics, it only has power if people agree it has power…
>

> ​> ​
> People do.

​Trump doesn't, and if he wins he will be the most powerful constitutional
officer in the land. ​

> ​> ​
> Military officers swear to uphold the
> ​ ​
> Constitution.

​I'm not worried about today's military officers, I'm worried about what
they'll be like after 4 years of Trump.
On January 20 Trump too will swear to uphold the Constitution, but he
already told us in the third debate what he really thinks of that document.
  ​

> ​> ​
> The military guys I have known personally are law and order types.

​They certainly are now, but things change and a megalomaniacal and
profoundly ignorant president will change a lot of things, none for the
better.    ​

> ​> ​
> Are you then making the case that all fools and sociopaths are Trump
> supporters?

​No, I'm saying all Trump supporters are ​fools or
sociopaths
​. I'm sure other candidates have some fools and sociopaths on their side
too, but that's the only type Trump has.  I know that might sound harsh but
I don't see any other way to interpret events, anybody who can't see what
sort of man Trump is can only be a fool, and if they can see but don't care
if such a man becomes the most powerful person on the planet then they're a
sociopath.

> ​>
> If a POTUS is impeached and convicted, his or her VP is immediately sworn
> in by the Chief Justice and becomes the new POTUS.

​Says who? In 4 years the only person who's opinion on this matter is
important is the man in the tank right over there, and Donald Trump is his
boss.

> ​> ​
> The Constitution is more than a piece of paper; it’s the law.

​But it's not a law of physics. I think you're being far too optimistic to
expect the law to protect us from a monster like Trump, I wish it could but
I don't buy it.  ​

>> ​> ​
>> just a few days ago somebody who has one chance in 6 in being the top
>> constitutional officer made it clear he sees no reason to obey the
>> constitution…
>

> ​> ​
> He hasn’t taken the vow yet.

​
Do you really think a little thing like taking a vow will stop a man like
Trump for one nanosecond?
​ ​
I'll tell you one thing for sure, if this democracy ever
​
 falls it will be because of a man like Donald Trump, if it isn't Donald
Trump himself.

> ​> ​
> I don’t see in the constitution a word about the losing candidate
> respecting the outcome of the election.  Where is it?

​It's not in the constitution, it's a custom every losing candidate has
followed since the country started, and a very noble custom too in my
opinion. The fact that Trump will break with this custom of showing respect
for the constitution tells me the sort of man he really is, and it fills me
with dread. Admit it Spike, didn't your skin crawl just a little the first
time you heard Trump say that in the third debate?   ​

> ​> ​
> I don’t fault Gore for protesting the election either.

​I don't fault Gore either, and I won't fault Trump if the election ​is as
close as the 2000 election was, but that's not what Trump was talking
about. Gore didn't say a month *before *election day that the election was
rigged and he would abide by the results only if he won.

>> ​> ​
>> …but if Trump is impeached and convicted I don't think he's going
>> anywhere…
>

> ​> ​
> He wouldn’t need to go anywhere to have his VP sworn in as the new POTUS.

​The man in the tank over there says you're wrong, he says that guy isn't
the new POTUS, he says Donald still is and he's got 80 tons of ironclad
arguments to convince you that he's right.​

>> ​> ​
>> Just
>>
>> like what he wants to do with Hillary he will "lock up" anyone in
>> congress who voted for his impeachment. Who's going to stop him?
>

> ​> ​
> He has to have a charge to have anyone locked up.

​The man in the tank disagrees, he works for Donald and his opinion is more
important than yours or mine.​

> ​> ​
> POTUS cannot wave a magic wand and create an instant dictatorship.

​True, it will take about 4 years.​

> ​> ​
> Were that possible, it would have been done a long time ago.

​No because in the history of the country we've never had a major
candidate, much less a presadent, like Donald J Trump. ​

​> ​
> So I ask again, who goes in that basket?

​And I answer again, Trump supporters.​

>> ​> ​
>> …and the voters punished her for it. If telling the truth got votes then
>> politicians would tell the truth, but it doesn't so they don't…
>

> ​> ​
> John that is a rather remarkable admission.

​It's Evolution in action, politicians who say one thing in private and
another in public survive, those that don't don't. And if I were a
politician and the previous sentence were leaked by Vladimir Putin
my career would be seriously damaged because it's the truth.

 John K Clark