[ExI] Nobody can say we weren't warned

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:16:01 UTC 2016

but it apparently leads to severe memory loss.   spike

This goes against my experience as a smoker (at 74 if I have any memory
loss it is slight and could even be due to age - but I am not a heavy
smoker at all), a friend of smokers, a teacher of a drug class who searched
the literature and found that every study supported by government funds
found problems with pot and that every independent study found none:  long
term, 20 year study in Jamaica with pot stronger than we could get at the
time, showed no difference between controls and pot group except for a five
pound difference - smoking group lighter.

Now be against it all you want, but as Daniel Moynihan said, you are
welcome to your own opinions but you are not welcome to your own facts.  If
you preach to youngsters about it you are likely to be disbelieved.  AFter
all , where are all the headlines about those over 50 who have suffered
severe memory loss attributed to pot?  That would be in the hundreds of
millions worldwide.

 Now there is some evidence, as described in Sci Amer (which issue I do not
recall - last three or four years) which suggests that pot may interfere
with brain formation up to about 25, which is about the end of brain
formation, and that pot maybe even be good for seniors.  Therefore:  not
recommended for youngsters, recommended for old folks, esp those who
strongly welcome its aphrodisiac effect.

So, I challenge whoever:  where is your data on severe memory loss?  I
think that pot is the safest drug on the planet (well, of course there is
water if you are going to be argumentative - and you CAN kill yourself with
water - one woman drank 17 gallons and died - mental patient).  Safer than
anything on either side of the counter at the drug store.  It is estimated
that you could get a bit sick if you ate two or more pounds of it.

bill w