[ExI] self driving truck

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:16:27 UTC 2016

On 31 October 2016 at 20:39, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
> So you are saying that if people have a vote then the envy won't be
> translated into any kind of effective action, and, perhaps, that the envy is
> moderated by acknowledging that the rich deserve what they have.  Not so in
> an autocracy.  Right?

No, I'm not really making any general claims, except that India has
special circumstances and historical traditions. What applies to other
countries won't necessarily apply to India.

In theory, a population with democracy can vote for governments that
will look after them. In practice, many other factors come into play.
The old quote is 'Every nation gets the government it deserves'.
Joseph-Marie, comte de Maistre (1753 – 1821).  (Often misattributed to
Alexis de Tocqueville or Abraham Lincoln).

BillK