[ExI] Nothing to worry about?

Omar Rahman rahmans at me.com
Sun Sep 4 14:10:23 UTC 2016

> Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 21:19:40 -0400
> From: Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com <mailto:rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>>

Oops, you left out this bit Rafal.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

> Hail the Koch brothers!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 5:48 AM, Omar Rahman <rahmans at me.com <mailto:rahmans at me.com>> wrote:
>>

>> Seig?
>>

> ### For your convenience, the correct spelling of the party greeting is
> "Sieg heil!”.

Ewe isa reel Enternet speeling Nzia?

> I know I must be doing something right when my minor remarks trigger
> formless left-winger ire punctuated by NSDAP references.

You conveniently leave out my comments on the nature and identity of the ‘behemoth’ as well. So, maybe, if you leave out the things I said it might seem a bit ‘formless'.

There are at least two things that the list actually needs to worry about.

A) The use of the term ‘libertarian’ to provide intellectual cover for blatantly fascist ideas. There is a fair bit of cognitive dissonance in play.

B) The importance of government, laws, diplomacy, and even spying and war in interactions with post/‘whateverlabel'/super-human entities.

Only by joining together do we have any hope of securing the continuity of environmental conditions favourable to our existence and success. Koch Industries has its own interests, it doesn’t need to breath clean air or drink unpolluted water so these things are unacceptable costs from its viewpoint.

In another thread Rafal says in response to Kieth Henson:

> Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 20:45:48 -0400
> From: Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com <mailto:rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>>
> Subject: Re: [ExI] voting?
>
> Non voter, vociferously so.

You exist in a country with a voting system without mandatory voting. Staying at home IS one of the choices.

If you think your political opinions and speech are enough influence then you are just voting indirectly.

The rhetoric coming out of the Trump/Breitbart/Koch/Ailes side of things with talk of ‘rigged elections’, ‘second amendment solutions' to Hillary and/or her SCOTUS picks, the proposed targeting of many minorities for mass deportation and religious discrimination, the proposal of war crimes as standard military procedure, etc. etc. etc. are all far too close to actual historical Nazis. We are just a toothbrush moustache away from horror...

To the people on the list who are horrified by Trump and worried about Hillary:

	1)	Vote.
	2)	Split your ballot.
	3)	Top of ticket: Hillary
			(Vote your conscience: effectively it is a binary choice and the Trump side is monstrous.)
	4)	Rest of ticket: Vote your conscience.
			(Vote your conscience: there is a broad plurality of choices here. I would suggest voting in third party candidates so that actual politics can take place in Congress. The simple 'tyranny of the majority’ that Plato worried about must end in Congress.)

Please just vote your conscience in the most pragmatic manner possible. Even you Rafal.

Regards,

Omar