[ExI] This will not help the Libertarian candidate

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Sep 8 23:26:06 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 2:43 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] This will not help the Libertarian candidate

On Sep 8, 2016 11:37 AM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com <mailto:johnkclark at gmail.com> > wrote:
>>http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/08/politics/gary-johnson-aleppo/

>…Eh.  I can see a lot of people not caring about specific Syrian cities, and he did recover quickly once he knew it was a Syrian city.  Besides, now he's got more mention by the mainstream press, which helps by itself.

Proof that negative headlines are better than no headlines.  Trump takes it further by arguing that negative headlines are better than positive headlines: they get more press.  But most Americans have no idea where or what Aleppo is.  As for geography, it is irrelevant.  If you want to go there, you need to go the same airport, and we know how to get there, right up US101.  The pilot knows how to get there.

Furthermore, it demonstrates that US presidents should have their eyes on not Aleppo but rather Chicago.