[ExI] sugar industry corruption

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:47:01 UTC 2016

Well BillW, you know the cure for having not looked into it, ja?  So do we.

spike

Let's get our issue straight here.  Take the Freedom of Information Act
Lyndon Johnson signed.  I see big problems with it re the press.  If the
public, including the press, cannot access gov. actions then what good is
the freedom of the press?

Again, I have not looked into it in detail, but here is a problem:  the
Bush administration, as have numerous others, I suppose, put the lid on
sensitive information by declaring it a secret (just researching secrecy
would take all my time for weeks, likely).  The press howled about the
abuse but I never saw anything further about it (following such things is
not exactly a hobby of mine, and some of you may know about it).

Clearly, subsequent administrations of different political party, could
reclassify such things as  would embarrass former gov. officials, and maybe
that has been done.

What other freedoms is the press missing?  What can we do about it?

bill w