[ExI] sugar industry corruption

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Sep 17 01:03:57 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

>…A problem that occurs at every level:  "I am now a big and important person and don't have to obey the rules."

That’s why we have inspectors watching everything.

There is a good chance either of these mainstream candidates’ administrations will have already failed before they even take the oath of office.  They are accustomed to a bit of leeway to do whatever they want.  Either will go in under clouds of suspicion.  It will hang on them like hair on a Tibetan yak.  We will watch every move, remind Trump every day of the things he has said and Mrs. Clinton of the things she has done.  This might be the most powerless presidential administration in American history.  There might be a downside to that somewhere, but I haven’t yet figured out what it is.

>… No one at any level can be trusted to do any job without scrutiny…

Truer words are seldom spoken BillW.

Where were the Inspectors General during Mrs. Clinton’s tenure at State?  How did he or she miss all the wrongdoing?  Oh wait, here we go:

 <http://www.wsj.com/articles/state-department-lacked-top-watchdog-during-hillary-clinton-tenure-1427239813> http://www.wsj.com/articles/state-department-lacked-top-watchdog-during-hillary-clinton-tenure-1427239813

Inspectors are not there to bother people or get in their way; they are there to protect them from breaking the law.  It appears Mrs. Clinton intentionally dismissed or otherwise arranged to have no oversight during her term.  Walking the tightrope without a net.  She fell off.

It has been argued that with excessive oversight, the government cannot get anything done.  This is almost right.  With proper oversight, the government cannot get anything done illegally.