[ExI] sugar industry corruption

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 17:28:44 UTC 2016

What if… the burglars had been successful and bugged the offices, then
found some really deep corruption  spike

One of the biggest things wrong with DC is money - soft money, hard money.
It did not start with corporations as people but the surely did not help.
No one except multimillionaires can run for office even in a state, without
party help or independent donations, and of course the person is now
obligated to further the patron's agenda or the money dries up.  (Notice
how 'agenda' has become a bad word in some contexts?  Who doesn't have an
agenda?)

Very very few of us eggheads get elected, and probably none without party
help.  I am not really sure I want intellectuals to run things but we
should in the mix rather than standing aside and criticizing.

Whatever happened to using public funds for campaigns?  For TV time?  Maybe
the standards for accessing public money are too high.

I don't know these things.  I may not know how to drive some vehicle, fix
its engine, etc. but I do think I know where the damn thing should be
going.  Probably all of us have this frustration to some degree.

bill w