[ExI] If you follow the developments with Tabby's star . .

Anders anders at aleph.se
Mon Sep 19 10:27:19 UTC 2016

Hmm, it sounds like a radiosity/radiometry problem. "Given a frustrum
with incident energy I1 on the top, perfectly reflecting walls, and a
bottom at 3K, give the equilibrium temperature distribution."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiosity_(radiometry)
https://www.siggraph.org/education/materials/HyperGraph/radiosity/overview_2.htm
https://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~dfg/graphics/graphics2009/GraphicsHandout06.pdf
http://www.helios32.com/Eigenvector%20Radiosity.pdf
(much recent work has happened in computer graphics rather than in heat
transfer)

So we need to subdivide the walls into small patches, calculate form
factors, and solve a big linear equation system. Seems totally doable,
except that being lazy I wish there was a Matlab toolbox for it (HOT is
just for thermodynamics). I see there are python libraries for it.